A Filipiniana Party with a Twist



Since the Philippines was a Spanish colony for over 3 centuries, it is undeniable that so much of the Filipino culture and society are remnants of our colonized past.

Wikipedia states that the term Filipiniana derived from the words, Filipinas, which is the Spanish-language version of the name - Philippines, and -ana or -aniana, which means “collected items of information.”



Last night, I attended a party wherein every one was required to wear a Filipiniana-inspired attire. 


Because it's quite expensive to buy a customized gown, I just rented one from a local dress shop. I chose the cheapest one they have, but it's got my favorite color Bullet; Pink.


It was the first time for me


 to actually wear something close to a traditional Filipino dress.


During the event, somehow, I felt the opulence of rich Spanish-Filipino society in the old times.


I felt like I was transported back in time when my Spanish great-great-grandparents (on both sides) decided to settle down in this country... 



The guests of honor were a Spanish-American couple from Florida.


He was like a celebrity because everyone wanted to have a picture taken with him... 
including me Giggle
It was also his first time to wear the traditional clothing for men - the Barong Tagalog.


Most of us wore long dresses...


Surprisingly, there were some who wore the traditional costumes from some of the regions in the Philippines...


I'm not sure which place/ island though...



The Filipiniana dress comes in different colors, and designs...


This one is a modern version of the Filipiniana outfit...
cool, ey?

This is a modernized traditional clothing for men.




My friends and I really had a blast. 
It was nice to see everyone all decked out in a Filipiniana!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank u (^_^)